Do you have anything you don’t understand or are worried about concerning university life? We believe there are many students who are not sure where they can ask questions, make complaints, make requests or seek advice, regarding student life. If you encounter such a situation, please visit the “Nandemo Counseling Room.”
The counselors will listen to all your questions and deal with them sincerely, seeking the cooperation of related offices if necessary. Furthermore, your privacy is completely assured.
If you need us, please feel free to knock on our office door. The counselors will try to do their best to assist you with your problems and concerns, try to remove your worries, and help you lead an enjoyable and fulfilling university life.
Head of the Nandemo Counseling Room, School of Foreign Studies
About the Nandemo Counseling Room
Examples of Counseling
•Advice and Support Concerning Learning
Unsure of how to study for classes/Possibility for repeating the academic year/Difficulty following classes/Studying overseas/Changing your program or course
•Advice and Support Concerning Future Plans
Unsure whether to continue studying at the graduate level or to find work/Don’t know what kind of job to take/Can’t find a future goal
•Advice Concerning Relationships
Can’t make friends/Having difficulty in relationships with friends or teachers/Romantically involved and can’t think of anything else
•Advice Concerning Mental Health Care
Can’t fit in/Don’t feel comfortable living alone/Suffering sexual harassment/Unwanted recruitment into religious groups
The Nandemo Counseling Room Details
Monday to Friday (Please consult the notice at the Counseling Room for information on opening hours.)
•How to apply:
Please visit the counseling room. Reservations through Email are possible, but we do not conduct counseling through Email as to conduct counseling in person with two advisors is our policy. You may attend counseling with a person accompanying you.
1st floor, Building A, Minoh Campus
•For alumni and those outside the university:
for inquiries, other than the Nandemo Counseling Room.
Name Specialized Language
Keiko Takemura Swahili
Uta Tanabe Danish
Hiromi Sakai Korean
Ryoko Imaoka Mongolian
Tadayoshi Murakami Thai
Masaaki Shimizu Vietnamese
Midori Minamida Burmese
Takamitsu Matsumura Urdu
Hideto Imaizumi Chinese
Click here for schedule.
Student Support on the Minoh Campus
1. Counseling is available at the Minoh Branch of the Health Care Center (2nd floor, Administration Building) during weekdays, except Fridays. (Reservation required, generally) For counseling hours and reservation, please call the Minoh Branch of the Health Care Center at 072-730-5151 (direct).
2. The Nandemo Counseling Room is located on the first floor, at the south end of Building A, operated by two teachers in rotation. For a reservation, please visit the Student Support Staff (Minoh Educational Affairs Office, Graduate School of Language and Culture/School of Foreign Studies). Reservations are accepted through Email (email@example.com), but counseling itself will not be conducted by Email.
3. A “Meyasu-Bako (comment box)” is placed in the counseling room. If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints for the university, other than personal matters, please use this box. Click here for answers to actual comments in the box.
4. There is also the “Unit for Career Counseling” and the “Unit for Support for Disabled Students” opposite the Minoh Office, Student Center on the first floor of Building A. Click here for opening hours and other details.
5. There is also the “Sexual Harassment Counseling Room” on the third floor of the Administration Building. This room is open from 15:00 to 18:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and counseling in English is available. Click here for details.
Other Places for Counseling in the University
•Health Care Center (Minoh Branch)
•Guidance Room, Center for Education in Liberal Arts and Sciences
•Harassment Counseling Room